Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Amazing Not So Distant Memories

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? We went to a roller derby Friday night to watch our friend's daughters compete. We have so much fun every time we go. Jensen loved it! Came home late, around 11, when Jakah fell out of the car and hit his head on the cement. Got a pretty big gash and was bleeding. Poor guy, Casey kept him up for a couple more hours to make sure he didn't have a concussion. He's fine thankfully! Saturday we hung out with my niece and nephew. Took them to the bouncy house place to run off some steam! And then it was football / racing Sunday! So lazy day!! All in all a pretty good weekend!

This week, Ducky from Bat Crap Crazy suggested to Stasha, we list 10 amazing not so distant memories for Monday Listicles.

10 Amazing Not So Distant Memories
1. Jakah fell asleep on our bed yesterday. This has never happened before. He looked adorable


2. Taking my niece and nephew for the evening while my sister had a date night. It was the first time we have gotten to watch my niece.
3. Picking up the rolls of Jensen's neck to clean it out, he thinks its hilarious and giggles none stop.
4. Going to the jewelry store to pick out and have made a ring from my baby. My husband is awesome and buys me jewelry for birthing kids.
5. Going trick or treating with our friends and our kids friends. Its awesome seeing them all dressed up and going out together.
6. Going out with my BFF for her birthday wine tasting. Without our kids... We got pretty trashed. Had to call her husband.
7. Being home with a horrible ear infection. My husband took the kids to get my medicine from the pharmacy. Jakah came home with flowers for me. My husband says Jakah picked them out and insisted on buying them.
8. My dad in the hospital. No, that part isn't amazing, but him on morphine was. He was hilarious and making jokes at anything and everything. He sang, quite loudly about how big my mom's butt is (its not) in the ICU....
9. Jakah, figuring out how to get of his crib. During nap time, while I was in the shower. Coming into the bathroom eating two suckers. So proud of himself for being able to get them out of the candy bucket.
10. Jensen crying in his jumper, and Jakah goes over and starts making him giggle and laugh. Harder then I have seen him laugh before.

24 comments:

  1. Visiting from Listicles. Okay, sorry about your dad BUTT...that was pretty darn funny. Thanks for the morning laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty funny, He lost half his foot and was calling himself stumpy LOL Gotta laugh in bad situations

      Delete
  2. Wine tasting is my favorite! And so nice of you to babysit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine tasting isn't my favorite LOL But I drank it anyways! Never give up an opportunity to drink without kids!

      Delete
  3. I am guess your ear infections are on the mend since you had a busy weekend! Glad to see you are back to your old self. And score points for hubby bringing home flowers!
    Jakah has a boo boo? Poor dude! Smacking into the cement isn't a good thing. But he made up for it by sneaking halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is feeling much better, Just can't really hear still. Not that its a horrible thing LOL. And yes poor guy, probably could have used 2 stitches, but we just butterflied it shut. He's such a trooper

      Delete
  4. I love when the first start really laughing. It is to much. I also remember when they figure out how to get out of the crib. Curse! What a little angel sleeping. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his 3rd time climbing out of the crib, we have to move him to a toddler bed, I have just been avoiding it... LOL Kinda like the cage

      Delete
  5. Love the memory of your dad in the hospital. Too funny! Great he was able to have good humor about it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing in a crappy situation makes it better! He's doing better now too :)

      Delete
  6. What hilarious and touching memories. I love your dad singing and pictures of sleeping kids always melt my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get many pictures of my kids sleeping so they are my favorite :)

      Delete
  7. OMG...the picture of Jakah sleeping is absolutely adorable! So glad he's OK. Must've been scary.

    Your list had me smiling and laughing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor little guy :( But he's a champ and was running around the next day like nothing happened!

      Delete
  8. Such a great list :) Adorable pic of your sweet sleepy guy. I like the jewelry for birthing kids thing - maybe I can get my husband on that. If so, he owes me 4 pieces. Very sorry to hear about your Dad - but hilarious story about the morphine - that's some funny stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is really nice about buying me jewelry :) My dad is doing much better now. Laughing in a bad situation makes it better

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yeah, but he's a trooper. Was running around the next day like nothing happened!

      Delete
  10. Wine tasting with BFF = awesome. Sorry about the ear infection and your dad in the ICU. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be more awesome if I liked wine, but it was still awesome!

      Delete
  11. What an adorable photo of your little one sleeping. He looks so peaceful. I liked the story about him with 2 suckers. I can imagine that he felt proud about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so proud of himself! He also got to go outside and run for an hour after eating the suckers :)

      Delete
  12. I love how happy your life is! Each one in read I thought "that's the best" . Hope your dad is back home with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasha! He went home about month ago.

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna