Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Listicles - 10 Photos from my phone

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My husband had the whole week off so we have been out doing fun things! First he got fixed (not fun for him lol) I gave him a few free days off to recover without kids for that. Then we were off to see Santa, and surprised 5 kids (well 4 and the baby) with a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge! We had so much fun and the kids loved it! Then there was Thanksgiving, and lots of cooking and baking done by me, so look for new recipes coming this week! We finished off the week with a trip out to the woods to find a Christmas tree and do some sledding! It was so fun!

Whew anyone else tired from my stay-cation?! Or is it just me?

There was also some Black Friday shopping. Did you know you could get almost everything advertised online with free shipping! Except the door buster deals, which I didn't need or want anyways. Score!

Even though I took a break from blogging, I didn't take a break from Instagram. I am addicted to it. You should follow me! I'll follow you back!


Good thing this weeks Monday Listicle suggested by Jessica is 10 photos from my phone! Or 10 baby names you considered. I'll add my baby names at the end, I don't think we even had 10!

10 photos from my phone during our stay-cation week
(anyone else lame and have a hard time getting pictures off their phones?!)

1. A rare, brothers together in matching jammies both looking at the camera picture!


2. A little nap with Auntie at the Great Wolf Lodge


3. The only whisk I could find to make gravy at my parents was a tiny toy whisk. I think it made the gravy magical


4. The only way to bake well is when wearing no pants


5. Made giant gingerbread men with grandma


6. Time for a quick bath

7. Cutting our Christmas tree down in the woods.


The tree cost us 10 cents, and its so charlie brown. But we got to go wheelin' to go get it!


8. The view from our Christmas tree. Above I-90 in Snoqualmie. This picture doesn't do the beauty justice


9. Watching the crazy sledding


10. Just eating some snow!


Whew there you have it! 10 photos from my phone during our stay-cation!

And just for fun, here are a few names we considered for our kids. I like uncommon first names and traditional middle names.

For a girl we only have 1 name picked out.
1. Finley Lucille (Lucille was my grandma and great grandma's name)

Other boy names my husband liked were
2. Brantley
3. Raylan
4. Brady

and for Jakah's middle name, we chose Eldon (Casey's grandpa) but the other choice was Silas (Casey's other grandpa)

There you have it!

Happy Monday!!

This is linked up with:
  BocaFrau

30 comments:

  1. From your photos, it is clear that your family knows how to make lemonade when given lemons. The whisk, the tree, the pantsless baking. So many great memories made on your stay-cation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pantsless baking is the only way to go, now if only I could get away with it!

      Delete
  2. What great photos! We still don't have any matchy matchy clothes for the boys. I so met to do this, but little brother is going through some sort of sleep regression so I'm about to go mad with sleep deprivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only have matching pajamas so far LOL I do have a big brother / little brother excavator shirts I found at gymboree over the summer.

      Delete
  3. I love the Charlie Brown tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute, but is so tiny it barely stands in the tree stand. I think lights and ornaments would make it fall over

      Delete
  4. Okay... don't knock the whisk! I have the same one and I used it for Thanksgiving! LOL!

    Love the tree!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully believe that the tiny whisk made the gravy amazing! It was just funny using it :) its also funny that someone else had one too!

      Delete
  5. My kids have been begging for years to go to Great Wolf Lodge. One year we might make it.
    We go treking out in the woods to get our tree too. it's my fave holiday tradition.
    Pantsless is the style around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great Wolf Lodge is awesome, we go at least once a year! I think once the boys are older the trek out to the woods will be better, but we didn't hike this year, we pulled up and cut down a tree on the side of the road Ha ha!

      Delete
  6. I love every picture! The whisk and pantsless baking made me laugh, and your babies are beautiful. We've hit the Great Wolfe Lodge, and it was a huge hit with our kids too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whisk picture doesn't do it justice, its seriously tiny! but very funny :) Hope they keep it to make the gravy next year :)

      Delete
  7. #4 is a hard and fast rule in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to make the best cookies! or pie in that case

      Delete
  8. Love your CB tree! Your kids are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We put lights on the poor thing and it looks like its going to fall over

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a busy but fun staycation. Love the rosy cheeks and noses from being outside in the cold. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was both busy and fun! But glad to be back into the schedule and normalcy

      Delete
  10. I love the snapshots of everyday life! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love peeking into everyone's lives also!

      Delete
  11. Looks like a fun time! I definitely need to find some matching jammies for my kids - bonus if they're Christmas themed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find Christmas themed in the sizes I needed, Although I just get theirs at Costco cause they are cheaper!

      Delete
  12. We are another NW family that still hasn't made it to the Great Lodge. Would you recommend it? Seems so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! I got a deal on living social, 8 people for $250. Sometimes they run coupons also, I don't think I have ever paid full price for it. Our kids are young enough to not play the wand thing they have there. That seems expensive also

      Delete
  13. That picture above I-90 is breathtaking! I can only imagine what it looks like in person! And I followed you on Instagram! I'm addicted too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Someone new to stalk... I mean follow :) and the view was amazing!

      Delete
  14. The view is amazing! Can I come over for some tea and your eggnog poundcake? LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Photos of Jakkah baking with you are making me melt every time!! Great stuff and you are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna