Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WTF Wednesday- Kid Free Time In Tax Class

Oh My Word! I have just spend 2 days in a tax seminar. I have to go to these seminar's every year to keep up with my requirements with the IRS to prepare taxes.

As you can imagine they are about as interesting as a root canal. Actually I shouldn't say that, root canals are fast. This is 2 very long days... 18 hours worth not including the driving. And really I did learn a lot, which I won't explain here because frankly I want you to come back and read other stuff I write. I would bore you to death.

Anyways my WTF thought is the fact that I traded in my kid free time... to sit in a tax seminar. Oh yes, virtually 2 days without taking care of the boys, to sit in a tax seminar. Oh the joy!

The first day was the longest, but it was fine. The boys were with my husband. The second day was shorter, but I was worried the whole time because my kids were with my parents, and then their friends. Because my mom got a new job (yay!) but had to go to work. After she already told me she would watch the boys. And scrambling I couldn't find anyone else to watch them at the last minute. So they had some friends come over and help my dad since he is still in a wheel chair.

Thankfully I have the best husband. He was able to stay home with them Monday. Did the laundry (perhaps because he knew I bought him the video game he really wanted that came out yesterday. And because he got off early yesterday, went and picked up the boys and dinner.

Frankly I have no idea how working moms (or dads really) do it! With both parents working! Its hard to juggle kids. And worry about them. Oh and I didn't really see them for about 2 days. I feel like they grew a ton in those two days. I am so thankful I am able to stay home with them. See them grow and change. Not worry about other people taking care of them. Discipline them any other way than how we want to (yes my dad did this)

I'm not saying stay at home mom's don't work. I know I do! And that yes sometimes these boys drive me absolutely bat shit f-ing crazy! But I don't have to trust, rely or worry about other people taking care of them. And then coming home and spending what little time I do have with them doing chores.

I am so thankful I am able to work at a company who lets me work around the boys and my husband's schedule. Even if that means going in after hours and working alone. I am still able to be home with my boys.

I didn't mean for today's post to turn into this, but it did.

 Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I wish all I had to do was buy Matt a video game and he would do the laundry. I would buy him a new video game every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey is pretty awesome about helping out. I didn't even tell him about the video game until Tuesday night.

      Delete
  2. I love being able to work from home. It's stressful when I travel and have to figure out who will take care of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how hard it is while traveling especially!

      Delete
  3. So glad you have that flexibility. I think I would take the most rotten misbehaved kid over tax class any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Tax class isn't really that bad. Guess its only us accountant / tax people that enjoy it though :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna