Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WTF Wednesday - Christmas Crafts

Or Christmas Craps as my husband likes to call them.

I try to be crafty, but let's face it I'm not. But I keep trying. For some reason my BFF, Sally and I thought it would be a good idea to get together, with our 4 kids under the age of 4 and make Christmas Crafts. We attempted to make the hand print ornaments... FAIL. We let the kids glue sequins onto foam snow flakes... my son was more interested in that then her daughter, until I brought out the pom poms. Oh the grandparents are going to get some amazing gifts from the kids this year!
Photobucket Photobucket

The one project I was super excited about was making Gingerbread Kids.They didn't look too hard, and are adorable!
Dollhouse Bake Shoppe: Marshmallow Gingerbread Boy (and girl) Pops

See cute right! A couple of marshmallows, some ginger cinnamon sugar, white chocolate as the glue and sticks. What could go wrong?

Here's what mine looked like

Photobucket Photobucket

Yep pretty much nailed it!

Photobucket Photobucket

At least they tasted good, and the kids had fun eating one million marshmallows, cause lets be honest that's all they were really doing!


6 comments:

  1. The absolute best Christmas crafts are the messiest! And honestly, they're not going to remember the end result of the craft. They will remember how much fun they had making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, although my son and I attempted glitter and I realized how much I hate it! I'm still cleaning that up! My son does love the picture he made though

      Delete
  2. You had me at marshmallow. Any craft that is edible AND includes marshmallows...I'm in! Love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did taste really good :) And I guess it doesn't matter if they are as cute as the picture, you're just going to eat them!

      Delete
  3. This really makes me miss my BFF from when my older kids were young. We got together every year for craft day. Eight kids under the age of 7 when we first started doing it. A big mess, but the most fun. I bet you do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! 8 kids under the age of 7! You guys are brave :) We did have a lot of fun and will probably do it again. Although there is only 1 girl in our group... Boys and crafts are funny

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna