Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Peek Into Our Week # 1

Are you on Instagram? You should be! I love it! It's fun seeing what other people are up to, and seeing others perspective on things. Follow me and I'll follow back!

It's been freaking cold out! So cold, and so foggy, yet no snow so kinda useless. But the boys are tired of being cooped up in the house. Honestly I'm tired of having them cooped up. They are driving me up the wall. So if it's not raining outside we go. Yes, it's below freezing and the snow from 2 weeks ago hasn't melted but it's not raining! So I just bundle them up and off we go!












Jakah also started toddler sports at the YMCA last week. Its a 6 week class for 2 -3 year olds. They learn basketball, T-ball, and soccer. It's a way to get him running, playing sports, and being around other kids. I have been telling him every day he can't wear rain boots to play sports, he has to wear tennis shoes. That worked out well, he was excited to wear his tennis shoes and told me he can't wear boots. Score!
I was not expecting him to cry and hang onto me for the first 20 minutes. That has never happened. After that he realized everyone was having fun and he wanted to join in. Now he can't stop talking about basketball. We get to go again today.



We also started potty training this week. Not being super strict about it, just making sure he uses the bathroom more instead of just at bath time like before. He now asks for pull-ups, and in the afternoon asks to wear big boy underwear. I put all the candy into a bucket so he can see it. (Thank god Santa brought too much candy!) He seems excited and keeps trying to go to get candy. He did have his first accident last night, but it's ok.




What have you been up to this week?

GFunkified

22 comments:

  1. we're fixing to start potty training too but I have NO clue where to start! WE have a mini potty but he doesn't' really get it. He has been sayng "poop!" when he has poop in his diaper.

    And what's UP with that cold? UGH! I am in Florida and used to live in WV...I can't deal with the cold anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jakah doesn't even tell us when he poops, and is getting horrible rashes from not changing his diaper. Poor guy just crys, so we told him if he used the potty his butt wouldn't hurt. We just have the little potty seat for the toilet. I bought him some pull-ups and he asked to wear big boy undies. I just take him every 30 mins to an hour and see if he can go, and then he picks out his candy when he goes.

      Delete
  2. Oh potty training fun...good luck! We had made some excellent progress until this past weekend when the boy wasn't feeling well, oh well, ya win some ya lose some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours has been going so-so. He had his first accident in big boy undies last night, which I kinda wanted him to do so he could feel how icky it is. Hopefully just sticking to it will work

      Delete
  3. I saw these pictures on Instagram and thought the boys were too darn cute!! Love the snowy ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have other pictures but I can't figure out how to get them off my phone Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos! We are freezing our tails off here in Indiana. The last two days have been dangerously cold, so no outside time for us.
    I always liked the toddler classes at the Y. Just something to do in the winter to get out and be active without having to spend an hour bundling everyone up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our first time doing the sports classes, we love the swimming classes though.

      Delete
  5. I have a two year old boy, too, and I just don't even feel ready to start potty training, so we're going to put it off a bit. I was ready with my girls at this point, but he just doesn't seem ready. Love the picture of your boy in his undies - so cute. We started a toddler gymnastics class on Saturday, and it wasn't as bad as I expected - I'm hoping it will be good for him to spend some time around other kids his age. The trees look pretty...but, geez, snowy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is almost 3, and stubborn! We've kinda been working on it for a few months, but just having him go potty when he takes a bath. So we have just been trying to go more often.

      Delete
  6. Potty training SUCKS dude. But little undies are good motivation for parents to keep trying! Love those baby curls, and how you managed to make winter look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank You! It was pretty seeing all the frost build up for days. And little undies are pretty cute :)

      Delete
  7. hey! what cuties you have. It's my first time visiting :) so, you bake. Do you do gluten free by chance? I'd love some recipes. Baking isn't my thing, so I need all the help I can get! good luck with the pt-ing. I've got 3 out of 4 done! My daughter learned right at age 2. she was my earliest and learned in a day. I think she wanted to be like her big brothers. sounds like it's going well for you so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I haven't tried gluten free baking yet. I actually haven't baked that much this year due to trying to lose weight Ha ha!

      Delete
  8. Pretty pictures!
    But cold.... it's been cold here as well. Usually we get the dry kind of cold and that's alright, but we've had lots of fog and stuff and, well, brrr.
    Potty training? I remember those days... It'll be over before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fog is finally gone here, and now its just rain again. But it was pretty while it lasted :)

      Delete
  9. I don't think my week has been as excited as yours! Looks like you and your babies have been busy!

    We had snow, but it is now gone! Wonderful photos.

    Found your blog from the GYB hop. I am now following.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! I feel like it was a slow week for us Ha ha!

      Delete
  10. SOO cute! I am going to have to look for those sports classes soon at our local Y...they sound so fun!! I'm not athletic and neither is my husband, so it would be nice to at least expose our kid to some sports ;). Your boys are adorable. Good luck with potty training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty funny watching 17 two-three years old try and play sports!

      Delete
  11. Lots of luck with the potty training. Hope some fresh snow accompanies the cold so at least it is a bit more enjoyable for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope no snow, it warmed up and is just rainy now. And potty training is difficult with a stubborn little boy! Someday!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna