Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Listicles - What I wanted to do or be when I grew up

Monday already! Whew that weekend flew by!

This week for Monday Listicles, Wendy the Twisted Domestic Goddess suggested we list out 10 things we wanted to do or be when we grew up. Well ain't that a difficult one! I don't remember having too many career goals, maybe I was hoping to marry rich?

1. Reporter - My mom still has tapes of me "interviewing" my sister on our tape recorder. Of course this was after my sister pushed me in our power wheels (my dad never bought us another battery) to get to the story! There may also be a few verses of the classic song Diarrhea recorded on those tapes.

2. Historian - I love history, and am totally nerdy and wanted to tell others about it

3. Builder - I really have no idea what I would build, but I loved the smell of cedar wood (still do) and wanted to work with wood so I could smell it all day long

4. Professional Shopper - I love shopping, love deal hunting, love it all. I guess I already kinda do that job, except its our money and its usually groceries

5. Cowgirl - Seemed like fun hanging out on a ranch full of cute cowboys!

6. Stewardess - I thought it would be fun to get paid to travel the world

7. Movie Reviewer - I really wanted to be paid to watch movies and review them

8. Beach Bum - I really wanted to just live on the beach, in a hut.

9. Photographer - I LOVED taking pictures in high school, but I mostly loved doing the developing work in the dark room

10. Pastry Chef - This is the only thing I can ever remember really wanting to do, with a passion. But for now I just cook / bake for my boys

Never Grow Up

26 comments:

  1. Hey I wanted to be a stewardess and reporter too! And you know what? I think at one point being a cowgirl crossed my mind too - love horses! :D Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like horses LOL Just wanted to be a cowgirl

      Delete
  2. Pastry Chef! I could do that. After watching Catch Me if You Can, Stewardess looked exciting to me. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the movie reviewer. Any kind of critic, really. Food critic? Sign me up! I never once thought about living on a ranch or farm. (Ironic, no?) A pastry chef would be lots of fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still a nerdy historian that loves to be a beach bum! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! We can all be beach bums together!

      Delete
  5. #4 made me laugh. I'm that kind of professional shopper too. I don't like taking photos, but like you, I did think developing them was very cool when I tried it in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my pictures were never really good, but it was fun developing them.

      Delete
  6. I love history and learning about it. And I always thought it would be so glamorous to be a stewardess until I flew cross Atlantic a few times and watched them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd want to be a stewardess now, but it did seem so glamorous!

      Delete
  7. I forgot about the wanting to be a cowgirl. We used to saddle up and ride the carport. Oh dear. That doesn't sound quite right now does it?!? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to be a reporter too! I even had my own newspaper that my little cousin and I made. lol

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! We just did "tape" interviews LOL

      Delete
  9. Stewardess, reporter, beach bum - I had those things on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I only really want to be a beach bum LOL

      Delete
  10. I'm so with you on 5, 6, and 8! I only wish I was comfortable riding horses, didn't get sick on planes, and the beach was my backyard! :)

    Great list!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally don't like horses either LOL!

      Delete
  11. #9 is something I always wanted to do. My high school didn't have that and to take an 'professional' class was too expensive. I know people don't hardly do that anymore. But when I was younger I wanted my dream house to include a darkroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun!! I wanted a house with a darkroom also

      Delete
  12. ahh we looved interviewing each other and just rambling on and recording. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worse when you find the tapes years later! Ha ha!

      Delete
  13. Love your list, #1 made me LOL. Never grow up, words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #1 was definitely the best! Luckily with kids you get to play all over again!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna