Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Angel Food Bites with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Coconut

Wow is it just me or has this week flown by! I feel like I haven't had time to do anything! But of course I found time to bake. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook (which you should of course!) You saw a picture I posted of Angel Food Bites with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Coconut. Yum!



This recipe is super simple, but if I were to make it again (which I will) I would use regular size muffins instead of mini muffins. I feel like there wasn't enough angel food cake.

Angel Food Bites with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Coconut
Ingredients:
1 box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake mix
Water
Coconut
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup of heavy cream (I used vanilla half and half)

Make cake mix according to directions on the box. So basically add the water (I think its one cup)
Mix together.
Put one spoonful into mini muffin papers
(I ended up having the use a TON of Pam on the papers in order to get them not to stick)
Bake for 12-15 minutes - Until the tops are light brown

Chocolate Ganache:
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used vanilla half and half)

At first I was intimidated by making this. I always assumed it was super hard cause it seems so fancy. But it was SO EASY!
Melt 1/2 bag of chocolate chips into a pan with heavy cream (I used half and half). I really didn't measure this out, just added more half and half to make it thinner and more chocolate chips to make it thicker. As soon as it was thick enough to my liking I just dipped the tops of the mini muffins in it and voila!

For the toasted coconut, just heat oven to 350. Spread coconut onto a pan and put into oven for about 5 minutes. Stir around. Toast longer if you want it a little browner.

I tried to dip the bites into the coconut also, but it didn't really stick so I just sprinkled it on to.

This got rave reviews at work, we even gave some to clients since I had made so many. It was delicious and super easy!
 photo February2013160_zps127c5f36.jpg  photo February2013164_zps684f95c4.jpg  photo February2013165_zps15dfa628.jpg


P.S. How do you like the new design?! My wonderful friend Emily made the background, header and buttons for me! I love it!

This is linked up with:
White Lights on Wednesdays
Made in a DayThe DIY DreamerWhat's cooking, love?
Crazy Sweet Tuesdaysaving4sixLove Bakes Good CakesShow and TellDesigned Decor
The Frugal GirlsGFunkifiedkitchenfunwithmy3sonsOr so she says

19 comments:

  1. Oh, those look HEAVENLY. (Is that why it's called angel food cake?) And I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not crazy about coconut, but I could eat up the angel food and ganache - these look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make some without the coconut for those who don't like it. They were just as good!

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I love coconut.
    I liked your Facebook page and I'm gonna check out your Pinterest right now;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on Instagram and thought they looked delish - and now I am even more convinced! And your new design looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! Seriously easy recipe and looks (and sounds) so fancy :)

      Delete
  5. uhhh YUM! Although I would have to alter to a dairy free version and that's never as good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think using coconut milk in the ganache would be amazing!

      Delete
  6. Those cupcakes look amazing. I'm not much of a baker but I am learning. Thanks for the inspiration here.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, it means a lot you were touched by my post .
    Now following you on Instagram and fb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try them, they are really easy!

      Delete
  7. Amazing! I have a few mouths in my house that would love these! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share this post or any social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I linked up and can't wait to see others projects!

      Delete
  8. What a great recipe! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I linked up and can't wait to see others projects!

      Delete
  9. Audrey, Thanks for linking up to Talkin’ About Thursday link party. I hope you will come back this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna