Tuesday, February 12, 2013

S'more Bar / Golden Graham Off

I haven't been blogging as much. Maybe because I don't have much to write. Been more frustrated with the three year old than anything and we spend most of our days in time out. Or perhaps it's because I have been working. Yes, I work tax season, so 4 months a year (actually only 3 this year)

I love working tax season, although this might end up being my last year. Yes it sucks trying to work around my husband's schedule, but I get to go out and do something other than be around kids. Use my brain and all the information I learn every year. Oh and be around adults!

I also like tax season because I get to bake and give everything I make away! Which means we don't eat all of it!

Last week we had a great debate on how to make S'mores bars. I said to make them like rice crispy treats and just put chocolate on top of them. My boss said he had a different recipe.
So what do we do, have a S'mores bar / Golden Graham off.

I made the recipe my boss had, and another gal made them like rice crispy treats. Ultimately my boss liked mine more. But my husband and I preferred the less chocolaty ones. They tasted more like s'mores to me.



I only have a picture of them from my phone. The ones I made (that won) are the ones with marshmallows on top.

Either way I'll share both recipes

S'mores bars with Golden Grahams

First the winner
Ingredients:

3/4 cup light corn syrup
9 cups golden grahams
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 bag chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons butter

Heat corn syrup, chocolate chips and butter in a pan. Stir consistently until boiling or all the chocolate and butter is melted. Add vanilla. Pour over golden grahams. Stir together, add marshmallows (leave some out to put on the top). Press into a greased pan. Sprinkle marshmallows on top. Let sit for 1 hour before eating. I did find that when I stirred together the chocolate and marshmallows, the marshmallows melted

Second place recipe (which I liked more, tasted more like a s'more to me)
Ingredients:

1 bag of marshmallows
9 cups golden grahams
1 bag chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter

Melt marshmallows and butter together in a pan. Pour over golden grahams and stir until everything is coated. Press into a greased pan. Melt chocolate chips in microwave according to directions on the bag. (usually microwave for 30 seconds and stir, continue every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted)
Pour on top of bars in pan

This is linked up with
White Lights on Wednesdays

Made in a DayPhotobucket

What's cooking, love?Crazy Sweet Tuesdaysaving4sixLove Bakes Good Cakes

The DIY DreamerThe Frugal GirlsShow and Tell

13 comments:

  1. Yummy, they looks so crispy and delicious! Thanks you for both recipes and have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  2. Yours look way better. The other ones look kinda yucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I thought the other ones tasted better, less chocolatey and more marshmallowy

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! PS - I miss you guys! When are you free for a play date??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'll send you and email so we can catch up!

      Delete
  4. Yum! These look so good, thanks for sharing. I am a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :) Hope you get to try them!

      Delete
  5. Sounds so yummy! I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy, never thought of using Golden Grahams before. Thanks for linking up to Artsy Corner :)

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna