Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tractor Party

I mentioned that my son turned 3 on Sunday. He requested a tractor birthday party this year. I wanted to show off all the things we did for the party. Just in case anyone was looking for ideas on a tractor party.
It wasn't too much since it was at a pizza place, and super bowl Sunday so it was a shorter party, but still fun.

Invitations:
 photo January2013054_zps3a68bf45.jpg
I couldn't really find anything I really liked that didn't cost a fortune, so I made them myself and let Jakah put stickers on both the invitations and the envelopes.

Goodie Bags:
 photo February2013014_zps87970b38.jpg  photo February2013016_zps84761ff3.jpg
I found yellow goodie bags at the dollar store. Filled them up with yellow and green glow sticks, balloons, a green notepad ($1 at the craft store), tractor toys (found on clearance at Target after Christmas), tractor stickers (from a John Deere book I found at Lowes), some temporary tattoos, a few pieces of candy and a tire cup I had to turn into a tractor tire.

Tire Cup:
 photo blog539_zps79fa9b1f.jpg
I found these at Birthday Express. They were originally monster truck tire cups. But with a little colored duct tape I was able to turn them into tractor tires.

 photo February2013018_zpsc903d765.jpg

Cake:
 photo February2013037_zps9b160e3a.jpg

 photo February2013034_zps1d1310c9.jpg

For his cake I made a vanilla cake, and colored it yellow and green. I covered it in chocolate frosting and then added crushed Oreos for the "dirt". I just topped it with a few tractors I picked up at the farm store in town.
 photo February2013085_zpsc16b5830.jpg

To get the yellow and green stripes, I would put 1 cup of green batter in the pan, and then 1 cup of yellow directly on top of the green. And repeat until the pan was 2/3 full. The weight forces the batter to spread out and you get a striped effect.

That's it! He was so excited for his tractor party, and I think partly because he helped so much with getting everything together!

This is linked up with:
White Lights, Whimsy Wednesday, Artsy Corner, Made In A Day, Michelle's Tasty Creations, The DIY Dreamer, Love Bakes Good Cakes, What's Cooking Love, Saving 4 Six, The Frugal Girls 


14 comments:

  1. This is such a cute party idea!!! I love what you did with the tire cups! My son is turning 3 in May and we are trying to figure out what to do this year for his party theme!

    Jenni @ dashofsun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Once I figured out to use duct tape the cups were pretty easy! I've seen some people printing stickers also, but I couldn't find sticker packs less than 96 stickers!

      Delete
  2. You are such a creative and dedicated Mommy! I love everything you did to make your little man's birthday a special one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You! You made my day! We have totally been having a really tough week and I've been feeling really run down and just totally done. So thank you!

      Delete
  3. How cute is this?! I have a soon to be 4 yr old boy who would love this :) Thank you for sharing at last week's week's All My Bloggy Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green and yellow tractor cake! Thanks for linking this up at Think Tank Thursday. I have featured you this week.
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/02/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun party!! So cute!
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner, you were featured this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I was going to do a John Deere theme party for my almost one year old but decided it was to "big boy" and thought to do it for my almost 3 year old instead! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to use some of them! I would love to see how yours turn out :)

      Delete
  7. I love your ideas...I'm with you on the make it yourself invites. I'm in the process of making our own for a party we are having. I love the tire cups and hope I can find them at our party supply store. I want something other parents won't kill me for giving to their kids as party favors. Out of curiosity...were they just plain black before the colored duct tape went on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they had monster jam stickers on them that I peeled off. I found them at Birthday Express http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Monster-Jam-Tire-Cups/57851/PartyItemDetail.aspx
      I just bought the duct tape at a local store

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna