Friday, April 12, 2013

Butter Toffee Cookies

I know this is late, but better late than never right!?

During tax season I bake up a storm. Mostly because I can take it to work and other people get to eat it. I've been taking in some killer recipes that I usually make, and trying some new ones. Found on Pinterest of course.

This week I made an amazing recipe found at Lovin' From The Oven who found the recipe at Miss in the Kitchen.

And oh my goodness am I happy I found this recipe. These are DELICIOUS and so, super easy to make!

They are made with powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar, so they are light and airy. Yum!
 photo blog567_zpsf90b510f.jpg

Butter Toffee Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup toffee bits (I doubled the recipe and added the whole bag which is 1 1/3 cups)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together butter and powdered sugar. 
Add egg and vanilla
Beat until light and fluffy
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and toffee bits. 
Beat at a low speed until combined.
Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet, using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon rolled into a ball. (I use a cookie scoop)
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes (I did 11 and they were perfect) 
Cool and enjoy!

OK, ok I actually ate them warm, cause who doesn't love warm cookies straight from the oven. Which of course means I burned the whole inside of my mouth cause I couldn't wait to taste them.

 photo blog564_zps361e37c4.jpg
And they are amazing! 

Go make them right now!
 photo blog561_zps6e845faf.jpg

White Lights on WednesdaysMade in a Day
The DIY Dreamer
What's cooking, love?Crazy Sweet Tuesdaysaving4sixLove Bakes Good Cakes
The Frugal GirlsDesigned DecorWeekend Potluck Linky
Or so she says

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow do those look terrific. Miss in the Kitchen is one of our blogging buddies and she always has great food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powdered instead of Granulated Sugar? That must taste as delicious as it looks! Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! How I LOVE toffee! Thanks much for sharing at Weekend Potluck. Do come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna