Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Every Fireman needs a fire truck #iPPP

The time has come to move Jakah out of a toddler bed and into a big boy bed. Since we are still dealing with potty training, we told him he could work towards any kind of bed he wanted. He worked hard, and had only two accidents for the whole month of November (that's including nights).

After looking on pinterest, he fell in love with this fire truck bed
 Fire truck Bed

After much debate between my husband and I, we decided that in order for him to have this bed, we would have to build it in his room, paint it in his room, and it would never move or leave his room.
So instead I found this tent at Kmart of all places. (it was $60 on Amazon or $35 at Kmart) I don't know about where you live, but there are almost no Kmart's here, and the ones here are in the ghetto. Ok maybe not the real ghetto, but in a really crappy part of town, and they are really run down.



We have my old bunk bed set from when I was a kid. So my husband bought longer legs for it and turned it into a loft bed. We painted it red, I found this tent kit. I ended up having to sew longer strings onto it for it to tie onto the wood. I found red sheets and a black and silver comforter. Because honestly all the fire truck bedding was either for a toddler bed or ridiculously expensive (or maybe I'm just cheap) My husband is still looking for flashing lights to put on it also.

Either way,

My son LOVES it.

He will only sleep inside the fire truck though. The first night we went in to take him to the bathroom and found this


Rough night for the fireman I guess!

Even the dog loves the fire truck! Seriously she goes in there and hides. The boys think its awesome


If you need me I'll be hiding out in the fire truck with Stitch!

I'm linking up with Greta at GFunkified for her weekly #iPPP
GFunkified

8 comments:

  1. My oldest would love that tent! The pic of him out on the floor is classic, lol. I recently saw a commercial for Kmart and was all "Kmart still exists?" Good to know they still have bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I have ever been at Kmart lol!

      Delete
  2. Very creative Audrey! I love it!! My boys had bunk beds. They looked like rustic wood. I turned their bedroom into a cowboy theme. It worked until they discovered Ninja Turtles and GI Joes. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Good thing we kept my old bunk bed set and my husband was able to turn it into a loft bed :)

      Delete
  3. That is AWESOME. A fire truck bed? What kid wouldn't want that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awesome, laid inside it the other night to read books. It was really fun!

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna