Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Unfashionably late to 2014

Happy 2014!!!

Oh, it's been 2014 for 7 days now? Silly me, always late to the party!

My husband was on "Christmas Break".... so like the kids in our neighborhood, he had 2 weeks off of work. If you would like to see all the pictures from our break follow me on Instagram!

Which was great, except I got nothing useful done! But we had a lot of play time! Oh and a few holidays to celebrate in between. Nothing like three Christmas's in 24 hours, and then a family Bunco game. My boys were of course spoiled beyond reason. Jakah was pretty excited because he asked Santa for a red remote control train and that's what Santa brought him.


Of course there was New Year's in there too. Where we went to the neighbor's party where we didn't know a single soul. We were trying to step out of our comfort zone and maybe meet some new people. We left 2 hours into it. We had Jensen with us and he was ready to go to bed. And after meeting people there that we had nothing in common with we were ready to go home. So we watched movies and drank. (there was no alcohol at the party!?)

Anyways I am hoping that for 2014 I can get back to blogging more. I've missed it! And Jakah does / says some pretty funny stuff now that needs to be shared with the world.

Also for 2014, there will be some changes to this little ol' blog. I've got a new name in mind. Hopefully sharing recipes more often. And just being here more!

Happy 2014!



4 comments:

  1. Boozeless party? Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about meeting new people. Seems like a good idea in theory...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel about it too. They were all friends already, and had teenagers. So nothing in common there. All the men went and played poker, which my husband doesn't play so that was awkward. And no booze to get people chatty.... 2 hours was enough for us

      Delete
  2. I'm out of my comfort zone meeting new people. I can talk up a storm and put on a good facade, but inside I'm desperately wishing I could go home!
    Good for you to try it, even if it wasn't your cup of tea. In this instance bottle of booze. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we gave it a try right?! and we had a good excuse to go home :)

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna