Wednesday, March 5, 2014

First Time Soccer Mom #iPPP

My 4 year old has officially started soccer. My husband has been taking him to practice since it's at night while I'm at work. It's probably better this way since Jakah is clingy with me, and not with him, I'm also super uber competitive, my husband isn't at all.

Poor Jensen just wants to get out there and play too, so my husband has to wrestle him during practice. So he misses a lot of what the coach says. Like the team name....Which we found out later in an e-mail from the coach.

Jakah is officially on the Orange Giraffe's team. My husband said it was the funniest thing listening to them pick out a name. Jakah told the coach his favorite animal is a rat. (WHAT?! EW) Two other kids said giraffe, one kid said tornado's and a little girl stated whales, and then proceeded to repeat for the whole hour that she just really loves whales. This coach has the patience of a saint! I don't think I could coach eight 3 and 4 year olds.

Anyways they had their first game Saturday. Of course they don't keep score, but it is hilarious to watch. Jakah plays pretty well. My husband was surprised. Since he doesn't go to the sports class with us, he's only seen him play at the two practices. At sports class Jakah is usually more interested in mopping the floor with his back, running lines, or clinging to my leg.




Other than being mad that he is on the orange team because his favorite color is green, he loved it and had so much fun!

This is linked up with Greta at GFunkified and her weekly #iPPP Anyone can link up as long as you have one picture taken from your phone!
GFunkified

12 comments:

  1. It's adorable that they got to pick their name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty cute, My son is still mad that he's not on the green team though

      Delete
  2. So cute! My daughter's basketball team played against the Pink Mustache Rainbows this year. I love the team names. And I love your son's cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I love the Pink Mustache Rainbows! That is fantasic!! His hair is awesome, I wish I had it!

      Delete
  3. So cute - I love the name!
    the giraffe could have green splotches? :)

    I wish they had indoor soccer around here. We have to wait until May for our soccer season to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we have indoor soccer and outdoor soccer options! and little 4 year olds playing are so cute!

      Delete
  4. The orange giraffes. Ha! I can NOT imagine wrangling a gaggle of preschoolers. That coach deserves a big reward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I can't even imagine lol

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the world of MOM sports! No matter which sport, a mama is one proud gal! Have fun Audrey, I know Jakah will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we are just going crazy and signed him up for t-ball! Full on sports mom for sure!

      Delete
  6. Jakah sure does enjoy himself playing soccer! Who knows? Maybe one day he'd be playing on MLS for the L.A. Galaxy right? For now, it's nice to know that you are nurturing his talent and encouraging him to participate in such sport. Why not get both Jensen and Jakah matching uniforms eh?

    Jennine Stalder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally love to get them matching uniforms! But for now I am letting Jakah just have something that is his lol. He loves playing soccer

      Delete

Go Ahead Leave a Comment, You Know You Wanna